Powerful management involves a set of skills accessible to most people. But those skills are not intuitive. Clear Management is a structured, foundational program that teaches managers at all levels best-practice management skills using a hands-on, interactive system. The carefully crafted process engages participants and builds from one session to the next through a series of seven modules. This proprietary process works hand-in-hand with personal leadership assessments such as Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
The Clear Management Training program is designed to help managers discover how to leverage their natural leadership style, recognize how and when to adjust their leadership style and identify areas where they can continue to learn and grow as a leader. Our integrated curriculum finds its roots in the following foundational principles:
- Clear Managers must learn to understand themselves in order to lead effectively.
- Once they understand how their personalities inform their management styles, clear managers can learn to understand how to be effective with colleagues.
- High-performing teams are essential to every organization and are made up of individuals who know how to bring out the best in themselves and others.
- Teams work best when managers plan well and have clearly articulated goals.
- Clear Managers know management is a constant process of recalibration versus a series of discrete events.
The Seven Clear Management Training Modules
Before we even begin the training, we get to know you. Interviews, personality assessments, and informal conversations are all in the set of tools we use to learn what your managers and corporate culture are like. It’s a vital step. On occasion, for example, we encounter a management team that will only benefit from a select group of our training modules. In those situations, we adapt the program to meet the needs of the team. Once we’ve laid that foundation, we’re ready to begin using these seven training modules:
- Management style – understanding your style and the management culture of your organization
- The power of communication – how to be an effective, powerful and believable communicator
- Mentoring and coaching – your role in bringing out the best in others
- The building blocks of high performing teams – managing teams for sustainable high performance
- Conflict – understanding the science and art of conflict management
- Planning and metrics – the fundamental role that planning plays in the work of the manager
- Performance management – a tool to bring out the best in the individual and the organization